Are you tired of your hair color looking dull and lifeless? Do you want to try something new but don’t know where to start? Look no further than the Color Charm Toner Chart! This handy tool can help you achieve the hair color of your dreams, whether you want a subtle change or a bold new look. In this post, we’ll explore the versatility of the Color Charm Toner Chart and give you tips on how to customize your hair color like a pro. We’ll cover everything from choosing the right toner for your hair to applying it correctly. Let’s get started!
Understanding the Color Charm Toner Chart
Before we dive into the specifics of using the Color Charm Toner Chart, let’s take a moment to understand what it is and how it works. The Color Charm Toner Chart is a color swatch book that shows you what different shades of toner will look like on your hair. It’s designed to be used in conjunction with the Color Charm line of hair coloring products, which includes permanent, demi-permanent, and semi-permanent hair color. The toner chart is organized by level and tone. The level refers to how light or dark the hair is, while the tone refers to the underlying color of the hair (warm or cool). By choosing the right toner for your hair, you can neutralize unwanted tones and enhance the overall color.
Choosing the Right Toner
When choosing a toner, it’s important to consider both the level and tone of your hair. Here are some tips for selecting the right toner:
- Determine your hair’s level: Use a hair color chart to determine your hair’s level (1 being the darkest and 10 being the lightest).
- Consider the underlying tone: If your hair has warm undertones (red, orange, or yellow), choose a toner with cool undertones (blue, green, or violet). If your hair has cool undertones (blue, green, or violet), choose a toner with warm undertones (red, orange, or yellow).
- Choose the right developer: The developer you use will depend on the type of toner you’re using and the level of lift you want to achieve. Follow the instructions on the packaging carefully.
Preparing Your Hair
Before applying toner to your hair, it’s important to prepare your hair properly. Here are some tips:
- Shampoo your hair: Shampoo your hair to remove any buildup and oils that could interfere with the toner.
- Towel dry your hair: Towel dry your hair so that it’s damp but not dripping wet.
- Protect your skin: Apply petroleum jelly or a barrier cream around your hairline and ears to prevent staining.
Applying the Toner
Now that your hair is prepped, it’s time to apply the toner. Follow these steps:
1. Mix the toner and developer
Mix the toner and developer according to the instructions on the packaging. Use a tint brush to mix thoroughly.
2. Apply the toner
Apply the toner to your hair using the tint brush. Start at the roots and work your way down to the ends, making sure to saturate each section evenly.
3. Time the toner
Follow the instructions on the packaging to determine how long to leave the toner on your hair. Usually, it’s around 20 minutes, but it can vary depending on the product.
4. Rinse and condition
Once the time is up, rinse the toner out of your hair using cool water. Apply a deep conditioner to your hair to add moisture and prevent damage.
If you don’t get the results you were hoping for, don’t worry! Here are some common issues and how to fix them:
- The toner turned your hair purple or blue: This can happen if you leave the toner on for too long or if you used a toner with too much violet or blue undertones. To fix it, wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo and hot water to remove the excess toner.
- The toner didn’t make a noticeable difference: This can happen if you didn’t choose the right toner for your hair or if you didn’t leave it on long enough. To fix it, try a different toner or leave it on for a few extra minutes next time.
The Color Charm Toner Chart is a valuable tool for anyone looking to customize their hair color. By choosing the right toner and applying it correctly, you can achieve the perfect shade for your hair. Remember to always follow the instructions carefully and don’t be afraid to experiment until you find the perfect look for you. Happy toning!